0

Matt Meets Gordon: Episode 20

Posted by Matt '13 on Sunday, May 02, 2010
This past weekend I went on the LEAD Retreat at up in New Hampshire with around 150 other Gordon students leaders. The purpose of this weekend retreat was to begin to prepare Gordon students for the leadership roles that they have been selected for on campus next year. I went as a member of the residence life staff, since I will be a Resident Advisor (RA) in Ferrin Hall next year. When I left for the conference on Friday night, I was already incredibly excited to be an RA next year. I had wanted to be an RA since I arrived on campus in the fall, and when I got the letter telling me that I had been selected I could hardly contain my excitement. I was still remarkably enthusiastic when the LEAD Retreat began and that would not change as the weekend went on. One of the major goals of the conference was for the students to get to know the students that they would be working with next year. As a result, I got to spend a lot of time with the men and women that I will be on staff with this coming year. As I spent more time with them, I myself liking each of them more and more and by the end of the retreat I was even more excited for next year. Even though I was physically exhausted by the end of the weekend, I was spiritually renewed and full of anticipation for next semester.

The beautiful site of the LEAD Conference, the The Brookwoods Conference Center
http://www.christiancamps.net/site/brookwoods_conference_center/facilities.html

0 Comments

Post a Comment