0

Matt Meets Gordon: Episode 17

Posted by Matt '13 on Sunday, March 14, 2010
This time last year, I found myself making a very difficult and important choice. This choice is one that I am sure many of you are in the process of making right now. The choice that I am referring to is the choice of deciding which college to attend. By now, most colleges have sent out their responses and now you all as students have to make a choice. The process of making this choice is what this episode of Matt Meets Gordon is about. First, I do not have all or even some of the answers about how to go about making this decision. In fact, as I think back on how I reached my decision to come to Gordon, there is only one constant, which is what I will offer to you all as advice. The one constant through the entire process for me was asking God over and over again to reveal His will to me. And as I repeatedly prayed for His guidance, He gradually revealed His will to me. You see, in the end it came down to Gordon and another college that had been my first choice ever since I began my college search. However, as I continued to pray and ask God for His guidance, I found that I was liking Gordon more and more. As I prayed, my affection for Gordon grew, until on a visit to the campus in the spring I felt truly wanted and at home. It was in that feeling of comfort and acceptance that God revealed to me His will for where I would attend college. Before I left Gordon that day, I had decided that Gordon was the place for me and looking back now, I can see that God knew that Gordon was a perfect fit for me. If I had not constantly been asking God what His will was for me, I likely would not be as happy as I am today. For that reason, the only advice that I can offer to those of you who are deciding where to attend college is to be constantly asking God what His will is for your life. If you seek His will earnestly, you will wind up where He wants you to be. I truly hope that all of you will seek God as you make this decision, whether you wind up at Gordon or not. Thank you all for reading and God Bless all of you as you make your college decisions.

0 Comments

Post a Comment