0

Matt Meets Gordon: Episode Eight

Posted by Matt '13 on Sunday, December 06, 2009
Hello everyone, and I hope that you are all enjoying the Advent season and making preparations for Christmas. Earlier this week, it was rather difficult for me to get into the holiday spirit. Then this happened to the tree I had written about before.

Two days before this was taken, it was 68 degrees at Gordon. It was so warm, that I was able to wear shorts and a t-shirt as I walked to class. By Saturday night however, this was not the case. I walked to the Gordon Christmas Gala through a cold, spitting rain with snowflakes mixed in. Roughly 30 minutes into the performance, the conductor of the orchestra told us that snow was coming down rather hard outside. As I sat in the audience listening to beautiful Christmas music sung by Gordon’s outstanding music program, with the knowledge that it was snowing outside, I could not help feel the Christmas spirit swelling up inside me. My seasonal enthusiasm built to a crescendo as I stepped through the massive doors of the chapel and into the snow. I meandered back to my dorm, taking in the ambiance that is unique to a snowy night in the Northeast. Snowballs flew around me as playful impromptu battles broke out around the campus. I woke up the next morning to the image that you see above. I was in a winter wonderland that seemed straight out of a book. Boy, was I wrong to be concerned about the weather at Gordon. In fact, the weather has been one of my favorite parts of my Gordon experience thus far. As always, feel free to email me any questions at Matthew.Clemmer@gordon.edu. Thanks for reading and God bless.

0 Comments

Post a Comment