0

Matt Meets Gordon: Episode Seven

Posted by Matt '13 on Sunday, December 06, 2009
Happy Thanksgiving everyone! This Turkey Day was different then any I had experienced up to this point in my life for one reason, I had to travel home from Boston to Philadelphia. All of my life I had heard rumors about the cataclysmic disaster known as Thanksgiving travel. I choose the bus as my method of travel, and it was not an ideal choice. It would have likely been a better experience if I had booked my tickets in advance. Alas, I booked too late and I wound up getting to experience 10-hour trips both ways with a layover in New York City. While it was not something that I would like to do again, I had many interesting and new experiences during the trip. I spent more time in Manhattan then I ever had before and I was able to see one of my favorite buildings, the Empire State Building, up close. I saw the massive flagship store of Macy’s and the world’s most famous sporting arena, Madison Square Garden (Which is actually a circle). While I saw many interesting buildings, the most intriguing part of my trip was the people that I sat next to on the bus. I sat next to a student from MIT, a man in his mid-twenties who was an aid worker throughout the Third World and an older man who had worked on Wall Street and now was an executive at an insurance company. I thoroughly enjoyed talking to each of these people and it made the 10-hour trips much more bearable. As usual if you have any questions feel free to email me at Matthew.Clemmer@gordon.com. Thanks for reading and God bless.

The WWII Memorial at 30th Street Station in Philadelphia.

0 Comments

Post a Comment