0

Matt Meets Gordon: Episode Four

Posted by Matt '13 on Monday, November 02, 2009
Hello readers! As I told you in my last post, one of the things that I have enjoyed most about my first semester at Gordon has been the setting of the campus. While the campus itself is beautiful and full of life, the area around campus is even more vibrant and exciting. I already have plenty of stories to tell about my adventures on the North Shore and around Boston, but one story stands out in my mind. It happened last Saturday night, when I went with about ten other men from my dorm to a place called the Cliffs of Magnolia. Cliffs is a misnomer for this area however, as it is more of a beach that is made of boulders instead of sand. Having been there a few times, the first world that comes to mind when I think of The Cliffs is gray. I realize that this my initially make The Cliffs sound drab and uninteresting, but I have found the beauty of those hulking colorless rocks under the night sky to be as striking as the glowing radiance of the tree before my window. As we sat around the fire that we had made in awe of our surroundings, our normally outgoing group was surprisingly silent. We listened to the waves pounding upon the rocks and the wind whipping through the sparse vegetation. After a while, we returned to our usual sociable ways and truly enjoyed each other’s company. Even though the rain brought our evening to a premature end, we still went back to campus ready to sleep after a thoroughly agreeable night. As always, feel free to email me at Matthew.Clemmer@gordon.edu. Thank you for reading and God bless.

0 Comments

Post a Comment