0

Matt Meets Gordon: Episode Five

Posted by Matt '13 on Sunday, November 15, 2009
Hello readers! This has been a busy week for me here at Gordon College. I had two exams and spent most of my time studying. While I could tell you all about the Book of Joshua or conjugate a third declension verb in Latin, I doubt that you would be interested hearing that. Instead, I would like to take this opportunity to turn back the clock a few months and tell you all about my experience at Orientation 2009. I arrived on campus in late August as a bundle of nerves with no idea what to expect. Within moments however, my fears were alleviated by the smiling face of President Carlberg and his lovely wife, Jan, who greeted my family and me as they handed out bottles of cold water. My family and I were pleasantly surprised by the down to earth hospitality of the Carlbergs which, we would soon find out, they had passed on to everyone else working on the O staff. Everyone was remarkably helpful and went out of their way to help me adjust to what would soon be my new home. Before I knew it, the Residence Staff in my dorm, Evans, had helped me carry all of my belongings into the bland and empty room that I was assigned to. Even as I sat in a room that I had never set foot in before, surrounded by people that I had never met, I could not help but feel at home. Over the next few days, that feeling would be validated time and time again. Check back again later in the week for the conclusion of my experience at Orientation 2009. As always, feel free to contact me via email at Matthew.Clemmer@gordon.edu. God bless and thank you for reading.

The Carlbergs giving out water and greeting new students.

0 Comments

Post a Comment