0

Matt Meets Gordon: Episode Three

Posted by Matt '13 on Monday, October 26, 2009
Hello readers! I would like to use this entry to indulge the English Major in me and to tell all of you about a wonderful experience that I had about a week ago. This experience involved the wonderful beauty of Gordon’s campus. I had this experience in the comfort of my dorm room early in the morning as I awoke before class. As I opened the blinds, a flash of red light poured into my room that temporarily blinded me. When my eyes had adjusted to the light, a beautiful sight emerged right before my eyes. I saw the tree before my window glowing in the full radiance of a New England autumn. In that moment, the absolute and stunning beauty of God’s creation overcame me. Seeing that sight at the beginning of my day put me in a good mood until I fell asleep. From then on, each morning the same beautiful sight has awakened me. Ever since I was given my new natural alarm clock, I have found myself repeatedly struck by the beauty of God’s creation. Walking around this exquisite campus, I have been constantly seeing God in his creation, and as a result, he has rarely been far from my mind in the past few weeks. I can only hope that this beauty persists through the winter. I would love to tell you more about this experience, but since I am out of space and a picture can tell a thousand words, here is a picture of the tree that so inspired me. As usual, if you have any questions, feel free to email me at Matthew.Clemmer@gordon.edu. Thanks for reading and God bless!

0 Comments

Post a Comment